In order to provide you with the full range of Assima services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Assima may collect about you;
- how Assima will use information we collect about you;
- when Assima may use your details to contact you;
- whether Assima will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk (see our Terms and Conditions for more details).
What information Assima collects
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from assima.net, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, or register your details with us, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, company name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. Different webpages may ask for different personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Assima and its service providers to provide you with the services you request. Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information.
How Assima uses the information collected
Assima will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Assima may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders);
- to contact you about a service or information you requested;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on assima.net. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Assima proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When Assima can contact you
Assima may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Assima can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Assima services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will Assima share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Assima. However, sometimes Assima uses third parties to process your information. Assima will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Assima will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
How long will Assima keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Assima. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration with Assima, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system until deleted by request or as decided by Assima.
Can I find out what personal information Assima holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Assima holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We reserve the right to charge for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with at least 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Citypoint, 1 Ropemaker Street
London EC2Y 9HT
What if I am accessing assima.net outside the UK?
a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and is stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their computer to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of assima.net features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Citypoint, 1 Ropemaker Street
London EC2Y 9HT
Last updated: 15/10/2008